Why come to DR J Performance for a Retul Bike Fit?
- A bike fit with DR J Performance will enhance your riding, make you more comfortable and we can advise about future bike purchases and recommend frame size, type and what size cranks, stem length etc would be most suitable for you.
- Because we look at you WHILE you are riding, we get a much better idea as to what your ideal bike position is.
- We also take into consideration you as a rider – what sort of cyclist are you? Commuter, mountain biker, time trialist, triathlete, road racer – each type of rider has different needs from the bike position.
- From the physical assessment that we do, we also know if we need to make any special considerations while setting up your bike
What is unique about the way Retül does bike fitting?
- Retül uses a cycling-specific 3D motion capture system that reads a rider’s movements while they are pedaling on the bike, recording all three planes of movement (3D). This type of data reflects how a rider actually rides a bike and cannot accurately be captured with 2D video, static fitting, or eyeball fitting. Retül’s dynamic fit tools allow a bike fitter to make fast and easy adjustments to a rider’s position using objective and highly accurate fit data to guide the changes.
Is Retül effective for different types of riders?
- Bike fit decisions should be made while considering the individual goals, biomechanics, strengths and limitations of each rider. From professional athletes, to competitive age-groupers to recreational riders and commuters, every cyclist will benefit from a proper bike fit. Retül tools and technology can be applied to road, mountain and TT/tri riding positions.
What is the role of a bike fitter using Retül?
- The experience and knowledge of the bike fitter is the key to taking advantage of the full capabilities of Retül tools and technology. Tools alone are not enough to perform a proper fit, and the training and experience of the fitter is essential to a good bike fitting experience. Dr J is a Retul bike fitter with over 4 years of experience of bike fitting, with over 500 bike fits under her belt. She combines her biomechanical knowledge, bike fitting experience and coaching ability to ensure clients get the best position on their bikes from commuters to high performing cycle race teams,
What to expect in a Retul Bike Fit at DR J Performance
We start the appointment by getting to know you as a rider, what your background is and any injuries you might have.
The next step is a biomechanical screening, where we look at any imbalances and restrictions that might affect your position on the bike.
We check your cleats and how they are positioned.
Once on the bike, we carry out a spin scan to see how your pedalling is affected by your position on the bike.
We then use the Retul process to fit you onto your bike.
A second spin scan to see what difference the changes have made.
We then measure the bike to complete your report which you will have emailed to you after your appoointment.
|Single Bike Fit||Allow around 2 hours||£185|
|Additional bike||Allow an extra hour per bike||£75 per bike|
|Muve Fit Bike||Allow 2 hours plus 1 hour for the 2nd appointment||£260|
|Mobile Bike Fit||Allow 2 hours for the first bike then an hour for additional bikes||Start from £200 depending on number of clients and distance travelled|
Mobile Bike Fitting Service
Can’t make it to the East Midlands but would still like a DR J Performance bike fit? We are mobile and will come to you. We require a space 2.5m by about 2m with a power point indoors – it can be a shed, a garage, kitchen, man cave, woman cave – we are flexible and can make most spaces work!
We can also do fit days for clubs – please contact us on 07554 080806 to arrange this.